Quick Product Links
Data Integration, Replication, and Migration
Application Modernization and Portfolio Management
OpenLegacy: Automated Legacy Modernization and Enterprise Application Integration
Design Time IDE
OpenLegacy's Integrated Development Environment provides a familiar, comprehensive, end-to-end working environment. It automates the process of exposing legacy screens, programs, and data records, and transforms the resulting information and services through templates into applications that run on front-end platforms, including the web, mobile, cloud, and other applications.
For example, for a green screen business process, the IDE analyzes the legacy screens, automatically generating a Java object with meta-data describing the fields, relationships, and navigation. Then, with the push of a button, OpenLegacy's IDE transforms the Java object into a single-page web or mobile application, or integration using an OpenLegacy template. Developers can modify each layer of the process -- the Java object, the template, and the resulting application -- because it is all standards-based, open source.
Multiple Legacy Connectors
OpenLegacy's legacy connectors leverage legacy system information and services -- including screens, programs and database records -- for use by modern platforms.
OpenLegacy's legacy connectors extract the presentation layer data from legacy applications. They interrogate the data, extracting meta data. Then they package the meta data in a strong-type Java object -- open to any standard use.
By using standard, open protocols, basic and advanced programmers can use the meta data creatively. This data goes beyond the database or screen information offered by traditional screen-scraping technology. It includes complete meta data on the fields, relationships and navigation of screens and lets developers manage the database records of databases and control which program parameters will be extracted and integrated.
OpenLegacy Target Accelerators are templates that enable developers to automatically generate a working mobile app, Web app, web service, or SOA; based on the information and services extracted by the legacy connectors. OpenLegacy uses these templates to automatically generate APIs and other outputs for the target platforms. With this unique API-driven technology, developers can freely customize the APIs, allowing them to work well with various architectures and configurations.
OpenLegacy Migration System
OpenLegacy offers its open source solution in the Community Edition, with all the necessary built-in capabilities for developers to integrate backend systems with the ever-changing, modern world in a full, production deployment. As organizations grow their OpenLegacy solutions, they may benefit from working with the subscription-based, Software-as-a-Service Pro Edition, which provides additional advanced tools, SLA's and platform monitoring capabilities.
The Pro Edition includes maintenance, support, and a portfolio of plug-ins with a management console, that further enhance the open source Community Edition, providing a management console along with maintenance and support. The management tools available in the Pro Edition provide security and control of many applications from a single window. ALso include are security and role management, performance and usage monitoring, enhanced deployment options, business accelerator adapters, automated API testing and verification among other features.
Robust - Built for performance and stability
- The first platform that provides standard strong type and annotations-based API for legacy screens
- Maven build: create WAR, JAR, run, deploy and do everything you can do with Maven for any Web/Java application.
- The session is injected and connected upon need. No need to deal with connection issues. All configuration is managed in Spring
- Can be executed in two separate servers (back-end, front-end) for better securing your legacy application
Fast - Design, Customize and Deploy in no time
- Out-of-the-box field type support: phone (for mobile integration), address, checkbox, calendar, and auto complete
- Offline work through XML trail files for screens and programs
- Powerful tables screens API: combined multiple table screens, drill-down by ID
- Translate login screens through simpler login API
- Power menu API, which extracts the menu structure from OpenLegacy screens generated API, and exposes it as a customizable Web/Mobile menu.
- Screen function keys are translated into graphical toolbar for web and mobile
- Graphical screen printing into standard eclipse console / logger
- Web, mobile, REST and web services demos for screens and programs
- On-the-fly HTML emulation, which shows the legacy screens as is in HTML
- Combined screens tabbed web/mobile page with Ajax interactions
- Auto complete for lookup windows
- No extra code is generated. All of the generated API is clean and customizable. All boilerplate code is auto generated into AspectJ class, which hides the complexity, while still allowing to override its functionality
Easy - Feature-full Eclipse based IDE
- Create Java, Web, REST, Mobile or integration projects for screens based applications or program based application
- Built-in analyzer will automatically translate recorded sessions to a powerful API. Creates screen identifiers, fields,
tables, windows, screen types (login, menu), field types, navigation, lookup windows, child screens and translates
everything to Java API enriched with OpenLegacy annotations
- Built in code parser
- Generate API and screen image
- Generate web page, mobile page and help page
- OpenLegacy builder (completed additional methods to each class)
- Generation preview for controlling the generated result
- Screen and RPC preview for viewing the screen and RPC entity
- Graphical Trail editor
- JUnit code generation for screens API
- Maven dependencies and central maven repository simplifies JAR dependencies management.
- A friendly screen /RPC definition form editor, on top of OpenLegacy screen/RPC entities Java API
Flexible - Standard based and fully customizable
- Powerful web and REST/mobile applications supporting views for browsers, smartphones and tablets from a single application
- Embedded session navigator that allows you to access a screen (with optional screen primary keys) without specifying how to get to that screen. OpenLegacy analyzer identifies navigation paths and translates them to annotations, and Web breadcrumbs
- Pluggable modules API allows you to enrich session functionality. Shipped with built-in modules for handling: Menu, Login, Table, Navigation & Messages
- Customizable code generation for API, JUnit, rich Web pages and controllers
- Web application with friendly URLs, Ajax and widgets support through Dojo. Dojo is the default, but you can build your application with any JS framework you feel comfortable with
- Mobile application with friendly URLs, Ajax and widgets support through AngularJS and jQuery.
- REST API via Sprint REST framework provides the ability to send and receive entities and definitions in XML and JSON to fully create a screens or programs-based, modernized application in AJAX, .NET, PHP, etc
- Enables you to easily combine any additional components and data source (DB, web services, etc) into the application OpenLegacy project is a standard eclipse Java/Web project, and you can use eclipse/Maven/Spring abilities to enrich the application abilities as you wish
- Plug-in framework and library which allows you use/write reusable free/commercial components into your web project, including management plugin
- RTL languages support, and built-in right to left template support
<< Back to OpenLegacy Home
OpenLegacy is based on open standards and familiar tools you use today for developing web, mobile and cloud apps including Eclipse, Maven, Spring MVC, AngularJS, and Apache CXF.
OpenLegacy Fact Sheet
OpenLegacy Customer Case Studies
Auto Importer Mobile App
Financial Services Web Service
Furniture Manufacturer Mobile Integration
Government Web App
Healthcare HMO Web App 01
Healthcare HMO Web App 02
Insurance Claim Management
Insurance Web Service
Manufacturing Mobile Apps
Retail Mobile Connectivity