Quick Product Links
Data Integration, Replication, and Migration
Application Modernization and Portfolio Management
tcVISION - Technology and Case Studies
tcVISION considerably simplifies mainframe data exchange processes. The structure of the existing mainframe data is analyzed by tcVISION processors, then automatically mapped to a target data mapping. The data mapping information is presented in a user-friendly and transparent format - even for users with no mainframe knowledge.
The mapping information is saved in a meta data repository hosted on a relational database, and can easily be made available to other applications. The Windows-based Control Board of tcVISION provides an easy-to-use facility to administer the data flow. tcVISION provides a variety of interfaces to allow seamless integration with ETL or EAI solutions.
tcVISION offers different CDC methods to identify mainframe data. The change capture method deployed depends on the source database (DB2, VSAM, DL/1, IMS/DB, ADABAS, CA-IDMS, DATACOM/DB, SQL Server, Oracle), the data volume, the volume of changed data and the required currency of the information. Changes are automatically transferred to the targets in time intervals or in real time by tcVISION data change publishing facilities.
tcVISION - Benefits
- Significant ease and faster data transfer between mainframe and open systems or workstations.
- High efficiency for data distribution across system borders, because only changed data is transferred.
- Highest possible currency of information used in decision making or ETL processes.
- Real-time data synchronization without programming effort.
- Quick implementation of CDC technology reduces time-to-market for new business requirements.
- Open platform for the implementation of new technologies.
- No programming required--this enables shorter project cycles for data migration and for all kinds of ETL processes.
- Project autonomy for ETL processes because mainframe data can be integrated without mainframe knowledge.
tcACCESS and tcVISION Customer Case Studies
tcACCESS/tcVISION Customer Success - vit (Vereinigte Informationssysteme Tierhaltung w.V.): Bidirectional ADABAS (z/OS)-to-Oracle (LINUX)
tcACCESS/tcVISION Customer Success - Bistum Mainz: tcVISION connects ADABAS/C with Windows MS-SQLServer
tcACCESS/tcVISION Customer Success - Blum: Bidirectional tcVISION v4 IMS and DB2 z/OS, and DB2 z/OS and DB2 LUW
tcACCESS Customer Success - Fendt Tractors: NATURAL applications use the tcACCESS SQL-interface to access DB2-tables on SAP R/3
tcACCESS/tcVISION Customer Success - Mabanaft: VSE - VSAM (Realtime CICS & Batch)
tcACCESS/tcVISION Customer Success - RDC Datacentrum: Bidirectional synchronization between CA-IDMS/DB and DB2/UDB and MS-SQLServer
tcVISION Customer Success - Basler Versicherungen: tcVISION replicates DB2 z/OS to DB2 on Windows
tcVISION Customer Success - Osterreichische Wertpapierdaten Service GmbH (OWS): tcVISION replicates DB2 z/OS to Intel-based Linux System
tcVISION Fact Sheet
Legacy Data Migration: DIY Might Leave You DOA
By Wayne Lashley,