Quick Product Links
Data Integration, Replication, and Migration
Application Modernization and Portfolio Management
tcVISION: Enterprise ETL and Real-Time Data Replication Through Change Data Capture
tcVISION provides easy and fast data migration for mainframe application modernization projects and enables bi-directional data replication between mainframe, Linux, Unix and Windows platforms
The globalization of markets, the increase of data volumes, 24x7 operations, changing business conditions and high demand for up-to-date information require new data transfer and exchange solutions for heterogeneous IT architectures.
The tcVISION solution focuses on changed data capture (CDC) when transferring information between mainframe data sources and LUW databases and applications. Through an innovative technology, changes occurring in any mainframe application data are tracked and captured, and then published to a variety of RDBMS and other targets.
tcVISION's capture facilities detect changes in mainframe data sources without programming effort, and reduce the amount of data that must be transferred between systems to an absolute minimum. tcVISION guarantees transparent, efficient and auditable data transfer between sources and targets, and provides powerful routines to perform efficient, reliable bulk transfers of data. The tcVISION solution focuses on changed data when transferring information between mainframe and LUW data sources.
tcVISION is an innovative technology that offers comprehensive abilities to identify and capture changes occurring in mainframe and relational databases, then publish the required information to a variety of targets.
The tcVISION Solution
- tcVISION provides modeling and mapping via a GUI modeler.
- tcVISION enables bi-directional replication for a variety of non-mainframe sources, including Oracle Database, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2 LUW and DB2 BLU, IBM Informix and PostgreSQL.
- tcVISION allows mainframe data to quickly and easily be integrated in near real-time into Hadoop-based operative applications or Business Intelligence and Analytics.
- tcVISION change capture facilities identify changes in mainframe and relational data sources without programming effort.
- tcVISION transfers the changed data to target mainframe and relational databases and applications in real time, in time intervals or in response to events.
- tcVISION guarantees transparent and auditable data transfer between sources and targets.
- tcVISION provides powerful processors to perform fast, efficient and reliable transfers of mass data.
- tcVISION can deliver drastic savings for all mainframe-related data exchange operations. Change Data Capture reduces costs: less processing time, less hardware and less human resources are needed for exchange of information.
- tcVISION reduces the amount of data that must be transferred between the different systems to an absolute minimum. Only data that has been changed is transferred--only data that is really needed will be moved.
tcVISION - Technology, Benefit, and Case Studies
IBM z/OS, VSE
Target database can reside on aworkstation or on an open systems or Windows server (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, etc.)--or another mainframe database (e.g., DL/1 -> DB2).
Transfer to the target system: SQL, HTML, XML or any user-specific format that can be accessed by an API
tcVISION Fact Sheet
Legacy Data Migration: DIY Might Leave You DOA
By Wayne Lashley,